All students are on the lookout for any useful tips for studying for college. After all, they need all the excellent advice that they can get so that they can develop the necessary study and learning skills which will enable them to get good grades.
It is interesting to note that many of these study advices are also the important tips for studying for exams. Let us take a look at some very help tips for college studying…
- Manage your college schedule wisely. Education experts no longer recommend that you limit your studying to after class hours. It is better if you can read your notes and study for the next classes during breaks. You might also want to consider doing your homework as well during break. This will leave you with an hour or two in the evening to simply do reviews and reading assignments.
- Make use of all the study resources that are available to you. Don’t just limit yourself to the library. Ask your professor if he or she can lend you some supplemental reading material. Make use of the Internet facilities in the school for doing additional research. If you are stumped by experiments in class, you can ask permission from your professor if you could use the lab to perform the experiment again.
- Form a study group. Get 3 to 5 classmates to join you in the group. Research has shown that students in study groups do better in exams because they are able to share and simplify knowledge learned in class for the benefit of everyone. Also, discussing the subject matter will make it easy for you to comprehend difficult topics. There is also the added benefit that you can test each other’s knowledge so that you will be more prepared for exams.
- Always review your notes. Daily reviews are more effective than cramming in that constant memorization and reading of the information will allow knowledge to be encoded firmly in your long-term memory. Always take the time to read and review your notes during class breaks. During semester or term breaks, do not just go gallivanting around with friends. Try to get some review and advance reading done. You might want to consider doing reviews especially during the last 5 to 7 days of your term break. In this way, subject matter and topics that you have learned in the previous months will continue to be fresh inside your mind.
- Go for tutorials. If you are having problems with your studies, you might want to consider getting a tutor. Some college professors will offer tutorial and review classes especially when Final exams are coming up.
- Be resourceful. While some educators may look at this practice as a form of cheating, this is one of the many important tips for studying for finals that senior college students will give you. Here, you and your classmates are advised to coordinate during term exams to compile the questions that have been asked in each of the tests. The usual practice is that each classmate is asked to jot down the questions and answers in a separate sheet of paper when they are returned for review. All of these questions and answers are then compiled into one study guide, which a student can use to test his or her knowledge prior to Finals. There is also the advantage that some professors may actually repeat questions from previous term exams.
Learn more tips for studying for college today!